Corporate venture capital investment activity boomed in Q2. The number of corporate VCs doing deals hit a multi-year high.
Corporate venture capital boomed once again last quarter led by top investors Google Ventures & Intel Capital, and large rounds of financing for the likes of Flatiron Health and Anaplan among others. In Q2’14, CVC investors participated in $4.02B of financings across 187 deals. On a sequential basis, this represented 34% growth in financings and 45% growth in financing transactions. Compared to the same quarter last year, CVC funding more than doubled the $1.73B of funding in Q2’13.
Highlights from this quarter include:
- CVCs fund $4.02 billion across 187 deals
- California takes 2/3 of corporate VC share
- CVCs are involved in 29% of total VC funding
- Number of corporate VC participation continues growth to multi-year high
- Corporate venture funding to healthcare rebounds to five-quarter high
- Internet CVC deals skyrocket in Q2
- Google Ventures and Intel Capital are most active CVCs
- Corporate VC deal sizes top $20 million for second straight quarter